Filled

Do a favor for me please....breathe in a huge deep, breath. Feel the oxygen slowly fill up your lungs and cause your chest to rise. Exhale. Do it again. That is the picture God has given me lately to help me truly understand something that I wish I had learned long ago.

John 14: 15-17 says,“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you."

At church and in our small group, we've been learning about the Holy Spirit.  Throughout my years in church I've never really learned much about the Holy Spirit. I've been very naive about Who this helper is. I'm so grateful to be learning WHO He is! HE is a person, not an "it." He is fully God. He has all the power of God and Jesus. He is real. 

I've been thinking and praying a lot about this. I've never truly grasped that the Holy Spirit, fully God, is within me. That is an amazing thought! So, I've been asking God to help me understand it, to help me believe it, and  to help me feel the Holy Spirit. As I pray He reminds me to fill my lungs with air and as I do He helps me to realize that just as that oxygen is taking up space inside me, so does His Spirit.  He is really there. He is God inside of me.

Today I am thankful that I am filled. I don't always realize it but because Jesus promised that He would send a helper, I can trust that the Holy Spirit is with me and in me.  Just like with the oxygen filling my lungs even when I'm unaware of the breaths I'm taking, the Holy Spirit takes up residence within me at all times. I am never alone. I have the power of God in me. WOW. I am also grateful for these sweet lessons my God teaches me. When I ask Him to, He always reveals things in such a gentle way to me. Taking a deep breath will never be the same for me...it will always remind me that I am filled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes