Another School Year Begins....

I've been a little nervous about starting school this fall because I now have a 3rd grader and a Pre-K student to teach at the same time. Believe it or not, our Homeschool year is off to a great start! We do a few activities together to start the morning and then Dylan does independent work while I work with Evan. We have to move along pretty quickly with the pre-k material because Evan has a teeny tiny attention span but, he's really enjoying himself! I was so proud of him today! He made the names of all of our family members with magnetic letters! He doesn't always want to sit still and do "school" but he sure is a smart little guy! Dylan is doing lots of big boy work now, it's amazing to see how much he has learned over the past few years and watch him using a lot of it to do his work independently!


The schoolroom works well for all of us! 
Making his name with magnetic letters. I can't believe
my baby is pre-k now!
My big boy doing his grammar work for the day.
Evan loved coloring in his pre-k book.  

Today I am grateful that our school year is starting off nicely and both of my students seem to be enjoying school so far! It's so much easier to teach when the students are excited about learning! I'm also thankful, yet again, for the ability to homeschool my children. Today, as we started our school time, we began with a Bible lesson and prayer time as usual. I just sat in awe as took in the sight of 2 of my littles sitting in our schoolroom with me, reading scripture and praying together. I was quiet on the outside but my heart was screaming praises to my Father in Heaven for orchestrating a plan that allowed this blessing for my family! Sometimes I am amazed by His plan for our lives and how much better it is than the plan I had.....proof that I need to trust Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes