They love me so well!

Adults are sometimes very good at making other adults feel less than important. They can even make you feel like you are waste of their time. They don't always mean to do it (at least I hope not) but adults often forget that people are the most important thing in their lives.  One thing I noticed today, or was reminded of, children are very different. They never, ever make you feel as though being with you or talking to you is a waste of their time. In fact, they absolutely love to spend time with almost any adult. My children will do almost anything if they get to do it with me. Maybe its puberty or the teenage years or growing old but somewhere along the way, people loose that. 

Thankfully, my boys are full of that sweet trait. They have the ability to make anyone and everyone feel like the most important person in the world. Whether you dig for worms in the yard, bake a cake in the kitchen, or read a story in bed, they are just happy to spend time together. 

Because of how much they love on me, I decided to be really brave for them this afternoon. I took all 3 of them to the movie theater by myself! I was pretty nervous and we did end up losing a flip flop but other than that, it was fantastic. The boys were so well behaved! Tyson only babbled for a few minutes and slept for at least half of the movie. We saw "Home" which is super cute!!! You would have thought I had given them each $100! They were so happy. 


Today I am thankful for these littles that love me so well. While I wish adults were as eager to spend time and energy on one another, I am grateful that children are so willing to love with their whole hearts....hearts that aren't focused on themselves. My prayer for my boys is that this trait will stay with them as they grow. I pray that they will make other people feel loved and cared for, regardless of the situation. I am also grateful for the day I had with my sweeties. We spent the morning at the park and the evening at the movies...a day date with my fellas was just what I needed! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes