Resurrection Rolls!

After family devotions tonight we decided to make a special treat! If you've never made Resurrection Rolls, please do so immediately! It is a wonderful teaching tool for little ones plus, it's fun! We used crescent rolls, marshmallows, melted butter and cinnamon sugar. As we made each roll, we discussed how Jesus' body would have been prepared and placed in the tomb after he died on the cross. For each roll we covered a large marshmallows (aka "Jesus") in melted butter and cinnamon sugar. These are symbolic of the oils and spices that were customarily used during that time period. Then we wrapped the marshmallow up in the crescent roll and made sure it was sealed tight. We placed more "burial spices" on the crescent roll and then placed them into the oven.


Even Tyson wanted to participate!
My hard worker!
My and my little buddy enjoyed making the rolls together!
"Mommy, don't forget the burial spices!"
After cooking for 15 minutes and then cooling for a few additional minutes, it's time to open the tomb. We let both Dylan and Evan have their own roll to open. They were so excited! 

Ok, they're done. Let's Look inside!
"Wait a minute!!?"

Look at that face!!!
It's empty!!!!!!!
WOW!!!!! The tomb is empty!!! I'm not kidding, when Evan saw that the marshmallow was gone, he said, "Jesus has risen!!!" My heart nearly burst!! Yes, yes, yes!!! I'm praying that this Easter season will be meaningful for Evan and that he'll grasp what the true meaning of it is. Dylan has been helping his little brother to understand the story and I think this activity was perfect for Evan!  I loved seeing their faces when they realized that "Jesus" was gone! Evan's face was priceless! 

Today I am thankful that the tomb is empty! We have so much to celebrate because of that empty tomb so many years ago! I am also grateful for this visual to help my littles really understand how miraculous the empty tomb truly was! Resurrection Rolls should be an addition to Easter each and every year!!! They're purposeful and yummy! It doesn't get much better than that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes