Teacher Appreciation Day!

Today was "Teacher Appreciation Day" at LIFE classes. We thought it would be fun to make something special for Dylan's teachers and the sweet ladies that take care of Evan and Tyson while Mommy teaches. The boys and I made homemade Funfetti Cupcakes as part of their teacher's gifts. Dylan and Evan spent a lot of time making the cupcakes look just right! They were covered in sprinkles, each design made specifically for one of their teachers. They also made hand written cards. I'm always amazed by their desire to make their gifts "just perfect!" Its so cute.







We had a lot of fun making Teacher Appreciation Gifts, but it never occurred to me that I would receive some. It's been 6 years since I taught in a public classroom and even then, I never received many gifts because I taught in a very impoverished community. So I was blown away by the gifts I received today. Gift cards, candies, lip gloss, tea, handmade soaps, a garden plaque, a hand painted coffee mug and my favorite, the hand written notes from my students. I was so pleasantly surprised today! It was so sweet to watch the excitement in my student's faces as they gave me their gifts! 


Today I am thankful for fun I had with my little guys making cupcakes and cards for their teachers. I enjoyed watching them take their time and work so carefully to make their cards and cupcakes just perfect. I'm thankful that they see the importance of showing appreciation to others. I am also grateful for the generosity of the families that I serve with High Point Home Educators. Their gifts of appreciation mean so much to me. I am also blown away by God's timing. I needed to feel loved today and God knew that, so He provided lots of little ones to show me love, at just the perfect time... He's always doing things like that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes