Ladies Fellowship of Deep River Farm

Several months ago I felt God prompting me to begin a Bible study in my neighborhood. I brushed the feeling off because I don't know many people in our new neighborhood and I am busy with our little ones (ya know, excuses, excuses). The feeling came again and I brushed it away again. After a couple of months I couldn't shake the idea of starting a Bible study. Instead of brushing it away once more, this time I began to pray about it and talk to Bryan about it. The prompting just increased and I knew what I needed to do. So, I contacted one of my neighbors to see what she thought and she said, "I have been thinking about something similar." That got me excited!!! I contacted another neighbor and she thought the idea was a good one too. The three of us got together and started planning!

It's amazing what God will do when we just surrender and say, "Ok God, I'll do what You ask, I trust You." Not only did God provide some assistance for me as I've been planning this Bible study but He also flooded my heart with excitement over it! I have been praying and planning for weeks now. We invited every lady in our neighborhood and just hoped that some would come. I knew God wanted us to do this so I couldn't wait to see who He would bring.


Last night was our first "Ladies Fellowship of Deep River Farm" Bible Study. We met at my house, had yummy snacks, got to know one another, and started our first session of Bible study. You'll never believe it....we have 9 ladies in our group!! I just have to tell you--as I sat in my living room with these precious ladies, my heart overflowed with gratitude. God did this! I was nervous, didn't think I had time, worried about this and that, but God was persistent with me. He is so patient. He waited on me to surrender and then He revealed that He really was speaking to me. He really did want to use this to touch the lives of other women. He really would do it all, I just needed to trust Him.

Today I am grateful for a house full of women studying God's word! This is so exciting for me! I've never dreamed of starting a Bible study but I'm so glad that God placed that dream in my heart. I look forward to learning more about our Jesus with the ladies in my neighborhood. I am also thankful that God doesn't give up on me every time I question, doubt, or refuse His leading in my life. There is no one like Him! He doesn't get impatient, angry, or frustrated. He just gently reminds me that He is in control and once I submit, He does amazing things! He is so wonderful! I am honored to be used by Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes