Harmony!

"How wonderful and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!" Psalm 133:1


Last night, during our family devotions, we read a story about a little boy who was an only child and always wanted someone to play with. It gave us the perfect opportunity to remind our boys how lucky they are to have each other. We have explained what a blessing they are to one another before but this time, it was like a little light switched on in Dylan and Evan's minds. They suddenly started hugging each other at the dinner table. They were telling one another how much they love each other and they were excited to go to the movie store together. Even when they went to bed last night they were still being "best buddies." 

I thought the brotherly love would fade completely by the time they woke up and it did a little but overall, they have gotten along so well today! Dylan helped his little brother find his favorite movie this morning, without us even asking him to. Evan made sure to ask his big brother if he wanted any goldfish when he had a snack. They helped each other, they played together, they sang together, they were concerned for one another in the rain, and together they loved on and cared for their baby brother, Tyson! David spoke the truth when he wrote Psalm 133:1!! "How wonderful and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!" I promise, this will be our next memory verse!!!! I'm going to be praying this verse over my boys for years to come!

Today I am grateful for brothers living together in harmony. I know the arguing and fighting will return from time to time but for now, I am enjoying these sweet moments! It is so wonderful and pleasant, just as David wrote in the Psalm, to see my boys enjoying their time together and genuinely being concerned for one another. I am thankful for a day without bickering and tattle telling, without arguing and being rude. They actually obeyed more quickly and seemed altogether happier because they weren't at odds with one another. Today was a pleasant day and I pray for many more!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes