Happy Half Birthday!!!



Has it really been 6 months since I first laid eyes on this sweet little fella? Could it really be half of year since we got the surprise of our lives?? Didn't we just find out that the little girl we were expecting was really a boy? How can it be? It seems like just yesterday we were checking into the maternity suite at Women's Hospital. I can hardly wrap my mind around it!! 
My Tyson is 6 months old today! 

These past 6 months have absolutely flown by. Tyson has grown and changed in so many ways! He is in awe of his brothers. His face lights up when he sees them. He absolutely loves the walker! He knows how to get around the entire downstairs of our house. He can back up and turn and maneuver in ways that seem impossible for a baby. He loves our dogs and tries to chase them around in his walker. He likes to have his diaper changed. He enjoys taking baths and splashing in the water. His feet are his favorite toy! He chews on them every chance he gets!  He is trying to sit up all by himself and likes to get up on all fours when doing tummy time. I believe crawling will be in our near future! He has two adorable little teeth and loves to give kisses. He is cuddly and enjoys snuggling. He says, "babababa" over and over again. He loves to eat bananas and strawberries in his fresh food feeder. He smiles from ear to ear, almost all the time. He is such a wonderful addition to our family. God sure did know what he was doing! 

Sometimes when I think about the "girl" we were expecting, my heart just smiles. God knew all along. He allowed this little munchkin to be a grand surprise for our family. It was a shock at first but God knew that this little one would bring so much joy to our family; that we'd soon be immensely grateful for him! And grateful I am!!!

Today I am grateful for my handsome, sweet, lovable, Tyson. Yes, he surprised me, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Tyson is the sweetest little fella. He loves to let me love on him and hold him and make funny faces at him. He is incredibly laid back and easy going. He is a pleasure to have in our home. I am so thankful for this precious little life that God has blessed us with. I am also thankful for his first 6 months. It doesn't seem possible that he is 6 months old but he is so happy and healthy and joyful, these 6 months have been wonderful! 

Happy Half Birthday Tysie (Evan's nickname for him) We love you!!!!!

6 months ago we met you for the very first time.
We never imagined how much joy a third son
would bring us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes