Green Food Coloring and Chocolate Gold Coins....

Every year on St. Patty's day, we get a visit from a mischievous little Leprechaun! It doesn't matter one bit that we are the only ones in High Point that get a visit like this, my kids love it! It's just something fun for them and honestly, it's fun for us. We love seeing them get so excited over a little green food coloring and some chocolate gold coins! For some reason, this sneaky Leprechaun always has to go potty when he visits. Every March 17th our boys run to the bathroom as soon as they wake up to see if the Leprechaun came. Today, they also noticed the first clue to a treasure hunt that the Leprechaun left behind. They had so much fun going from room to room, looking for clues, and eventually finding the treasure!




We couldn't pass up a chance to celebrate St Patty's day with half priced Milkshakes from Sonic! We enjoyed them while playing at the park in the beautiful weather! It was absolutely perfect outside! Tyson had so much fun in his walker! He loves chasing his brothers around. He wishes he could climb the monkey bars with them! He also kept chasing his daddy around trying to get his milkshake!





Today I am thankful for the joy our family finds in celebrating life. No, we are not Irish and honestly, I know very little about Saint Patrick but, this day gives me a chance to celebrate something different and fun with my little ones. I mean who knew that green food coloring and chocolate gold coins would become such an exciting tradition! They get so much joy out of such simple things! I am also thankful for the relaxed lifestyle homeschooling allows. My boys are able to get up at 8:00 (or 9:00, whenever!) and enjoy a treasure hunt, green milk, and lucky charms for breakfast because they aren't rushing out to the school bus. We are able to get half priced milkshakes and head to the park on a sunny day because we are all home together, most of the time. I know every family doesn't get these same opportunities, that is why I do not take this blessing lightly. I see it as a wonderful gift from my Heavenly Father!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes