Happy Birthday Popsy!

Today was my dad's birthday. We had been planning to go out to dinner to celebrate but when he ended up in the hospital yesterday, we had a quick change of plans! My boys and I decided to make cupcakes and take dinner to "Popsy!" The boys didn't want him to celebrate his birthday all alone in the hospital and I didn't want him to end up eating hospital food for his birthday dinner. 

I'll be honest, I was nervous about taking my three rowdy boys to the hospital while trying to carry in a bunch of food and cupcakes but, these little guys were such big helpers!! They carried things for me, held the door for me, pushed the elevator buttons for me and even walked calmly instead of hopping and skipping and running through the hospital! 

My dad was so happy to see us. It broke my heart to see him in the hospital on his birthday but I was so glad that I was able to bring these little bundles of happiness to brighten up his day. The boys were so excited! They sat together in a chair to eat their hotdogs. They sang happy birthday to Popsy and blew up gloves as balloons. They enjoyed cupcakes and watched Alligator Hunters on TV. The time went by so quickly but it was a lot of fun!



My little guys were so excited!
They sat so nicely together, eating their food. I was so proud of them!
My sweet Tyson
Tyson with Grammy
CUPCAKES!
"Happy Birthday to YOU!"
My dad, me and my boys =)
Me with my little loves! 
Today I am thankful for the chance to celebrate my Dad's birthday even though he was in the hospital. Everyone needs a birthday cake (or cupcake) and balloons on their birthday, even if they are made out of surgical gloves. I am grateful for little ones that enjoy celebrating the people that are special in their lives. I am thankful that they could bring so much joy to my dad! I am also grateful that they were so well behaved. Taking three boys into a hospital by yourself while balancing food, drinks, and dessert isn't an easy task but they were such big helpers! They were just so excited to see their Popsy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes