Little Brother turns into a Big Brother!

Awww, my littlest sweeties!
When I was pregnant with Tyson (although I thought it was Allison) I really worried about how Evan would adapt to being the middle child. He is such a sweetheart but he needs a lot of attention. I was nervous that homeschooling Dylan and taking care of the baby might cause Evan to feel left out and possibly dislike the baby because of it. I could not have been more wrong! The first month or two Evan just occasionally interacted with Tyson, but now that Tyson's personality is starting to emerge, Evan is his biggest fan! He enjoys talking to him, "playing" with him, giving him a bath, holding him, pushing him around in the walker, taking care of him, and singing to him. He hasn't helped change a diaper yet but I won't hold that against him!

After church on Sunday I found Evan on the couch singing to Tyson. It was so cute, I just had to video it! Here it is...



While Tyson was jumping in his Johnny Jumper today, Evan was cheering for him and talking to him when he noticed a booger on Tyson's face. He said, "Oh baby, you've got a booger on your face." I just watched him, waiting to see what he would do. He quickly reached over for a burp cloth and wiped his baby brother's face. I know it's silly but I could have cried! It was the sweetest thing! I just never imagined him being so enthralled with his baby brother! Most kids would say, "ewww....Mommy, wipe his face!" But not Evan. He took care of his "Tysie" (Evan's nickname for Tyson).
Evan wiping his baby's face!
Aren't they precious?!?
Today I am thankful that Evan has become such a wonderful big brother. I think having a younger sibling has been good for him. He has grown up in so many ways and has become Tyson's friend, protector, care-taker, and cheerleader. It is so much fun to watch. I am also grateful for these sweet memories they are making together. They might not remember but I will and as I allow these memories to replay in my mind, my heart will swell with joy all over again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes