He's so nice to us!

Tonight while Bryan and Dylan were at Cub Scouts, Evan, Tyson and I snuggled on the couch and watched a movie. Out of nowhere Evan pops up and says, "Mommy, I just love God! He gives us food to eat and you know what, He even gives candy. He's so nice to us!" I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear! I just love it when my babies have these little revelations! 

After making that comment Evan bent over and tried to kiss his belly. Then he said, "I gave God a kiss cause He's so nice to us." (I've mentioned this before but in case you've forgotten, God is in Evan's belly!)

I've been thinking about that adorable little epiphany that Evan had tonight and I believe it is a good reminder for me and you. Every little thing is given to us by our Creator. We think that because we work and go to the store and use our money to purchase groceries that we are providing the food for our families but in reality, none of it would be possible without God. He has given us our jobs. He has given us a family to feed. He has allowed us to live in a place where there are grocery stores. He has caused the vegetables and fruits to grow. And not only does He provide all that we need to eat, He also gives us so many sweet little treats. Evan pointed out candy but I could think of tons of "treats" in this life that we don't really need. From milkshakes to friendships, from diswashers to that yummy salad dressing at Olive Garden (and the breadsticks, I can't forget those!) from family vacations to disposable diapers, from a good cup of coffee to a really good spa pedicure (I can't imagine life without those!) Oh, our God is so nice to us! 

Today I am thankful for Evan's realization that God is his provider. I hope that he will always remember that truth! I am also grateful for the reminder that God has given me and my family so much. Not only does He give us all of the things we need, but He also goes WAY above that. He has blessed us in so many ways. He has given us so many wonderful gifts. Thank you, Father, for being so nice to us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes