Praise His Name with Dancing!

"Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp." Psalm 149:3



When I was 3 years old I began taking dance lessons. I danced my way through elementary, middle, and high school. I absolutely loved it! At 16 years old, I started teaching the young dancers ballet, jazz, and tap. I also helped choreograph lots of dances for the Ensemble in High School. Needless to say, dance has always been a part of my life. Until college, that is. When I graduated High School, I said farewell dance. I never thought I would have the opportunity to dance in a group again. Well, God had different plans! I just love that about Him!

A few weeks ago I was asked to help with the Kid's Praise Team at my church. This is a dance team made up of 4th and 5th grade students. The kids dance to worship songs and help lead the other students during the children's worship service. I was super excited when asked to help. So, I've been learning the dances for the past few weeks and in the future, I'll be helping to teach the kids new dances and lead during services. I've been having a lot of fun!

Today, the usual leader couldn't be at church so, I had my first chance to lead the group. This was the first time on stage for all the 4th grade students and the first time leading for me! I was nervous and so were they. We practiced before the worship time and then we huddled in the hallway to chat. I could tell the kids were anxious so we prayed together. It was a very sweet time. I wasn't sure how it would go since I don't really know what I'm doing yet but, it went so well! God took care of all the details and the nerves. The kids lead worship and had fun doing it! I don't think I messed them up too badly, either.

Today I am thankful that God has blessed me with the opportunity to serve Him in this way. I have always loved to dance and now I have the chance to do it again, for the glory of God! I am also grateful that today's worship time went so well. I was nervous, the kids were nervous, and most of us were new at this but, it went incredibly well. When we're singing and dancing for God, who cares what the moves look like anyway! I pray all of these kids enjoy praising their Father with dance as much as I do!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes