Jesus is coming back!

This afternoon, while driving in the car, we saw some beautiful clouds with sun rays shining through. It was absolutely gorgeous. When Dylan saw it he said, "Mommy, that is so pretty, isn't it? It reminds me that Jesus is going to come back soon." I'd honestly thought the same thing but I was absolutely shocked to hear him say that. So, I said, "well, you're right, He could come any time. That's why we need to tell everyone about Him, huh?" And my sweet little guy said, "yep, that is why I told my cousin Hayden about Jesus, because I want Him to  go to Heaven with us. I want everyone to come with us. I'm actually ready to go now but some people just want to stay in their houses, some people aren't ready to meet Jesus yet."


I love to hear my son talk so freely about Jesus. His insight is pretty profound, too. Jesus could come back any minute but there are so many people who aren't ready. Most people are completely unaware of Jesus' imminent return and honestly, they would rather just stay here in their houses like Dylan said. Its so sad, really. 

Seeing those beautiful clouds with the shining rays reminded me that not only do I need to be ready for Jesus' return but I need to be intentional about making sure those around me are aware of His return. Its easy to think "today isn't the day" or "we have plenty of time" but Matthew 24:44 says "For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will."  As difficult as it seems, we need to be ready and we need to inform others....Jesus is coming!

This is really good news! When the days are long, when times are sad, when the pain is too much, when life is hard, we just need to remember that we have something amazing to look forward to! We can cling to the promise that Jesus is coming back. He is preparing a place for us and He is coming back for us. Thank You Jesus!

Today I am thankful for the the beautiful reminder we saw this afternoon. Every now and then we all need to be reminded that Jesus is coming! All of my problems, concerns, and complaints just fade away next to that reminder! I am also grateful that when my 4 year old sees the sun shining through the clouds his mind is immediately drawn to Jesus! I cannot even express the joy that causes my heart to feel!


Jesus could come at any time! Really, any moment!!!
Are you ready?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes