A "mini get-away"

We rent our house every year for the furniture market so we've been staying at my mom's house for the past 7 days. It is a ton of work to get the house ready for market and its really hard on my back but I actually kind of enjoy it. It forces me to clean the house in ways I would never normally clean and the money is pretty good, too. Plus, we get a "mini get-away!" Although I don't think I'd ever want to live in Lexington again, I really do enjoy spending the week here, close to our families. I also enjoy eating at all the familiar places, being in the home I grew up in and reminiscing over my childhood. 

We've also been spending some time with our grandparents while we're in town. Today Bryan's grandmother, Nana Shaw, taught me how to knit!  I never, ever, thought I'd be knitting but these days, I consider being taught anything by a grandmother, something VERY special! I don't know how my scarf will turn out, but I'm very excited to be Nana Shaw's student.

Nana Shaw teaching me to knit

Can you believe Dylan took these pictures?


Today I am thankful for the opportunity to spend some quality time with our families during our "mini get-away." If we didn't rent our home out for market, we would probably never get this type of opportunity. I am also grateful to for the experience of learning to knit from Bryan's grandmother. I miss my grandmothers a lot these days but she helps ease that pain. I just love how God blesses me in so many precious ways. It would be so easy to walk through life never noticing these sweet blessings but I am becoming increasingly aware of how good God is to me!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes