Moo-ing is good for the soul!

Its been a couple of days since I've posted. I've just been so puny. I wish I could say that I'm feeling back to normal but that wouldn't be truthful. After having the second blood patch, I have improved quite a bit but I still have a headache, dizziness, and an overall gross feeling when I stand up. When I lay down, I feel great. Since there is a leak in my spinal column, it seems to leak more when I am standing or walking. I guess that's why the doctor wanted me on bed rest. Hopefully a few more days of bed rest will help the leak to heal and help my life get back to normal.

This sounds crazy, I know, but caffeine helps to replenish the spinal fluid.  So, after drinking some major energy drinks, I was able to endure a trip to Chick-fil-a with my family tonight. The food was yummy, as always. Evan also learned to say, "MOOO!" He makes the most adorable face while saying it, too. I was laughing hysterically, which didn't help my headache any but, it sure was good for my soul! 



Today I am thankful that I felt well enough to go to dinner with my boys. It wore me out but I had such a nice time with them. I am also thankful for the laughter that my sweet Evan induced tonight. I really needed that! His "moo-ing" is precious! Mostly, I am thankful for tonight's illustration of 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 which says, "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." No matter what I am going through, I am not crushed. I am not in despair. I am not abandoned and I will not be destroyed. Regardless of how poorly I am feeling, God is always near, always providing joy, and is faithful to give me reasons to be grateful. 

God has a reason for allowing things to happen. We may never really understand His wisdom, we simply have to trust His will. And, if we keep our eyes open we will see that He is blessing us all along the way.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes