If a four year old can do it....

A couple of weeks ago Dylan wrote and mailed a note to his cousin, Hayden. In the letter he invited Hayden to come to church with us. He has also been praying that Hayden might come soon. So, as you can imagine, Dylan was overwhelmed with excitement when Hayden spent the night with us last night so he could come to church this morning!

Dylan and his cousin, Hayden.

Before the boys went to bed last night, Dylan gave Hayden a "bible" that he drew for him. Dylan has been working on this "bible" for hours. He drew pictures of Jesus as a baby, as a little boy, and as an adult. He also drew pictures of the cross. When Dylan showed the "bible" to Hayden, I suggested that he explain what the cross is. So, Dylan told his cousin that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and then Jesus rose again! He also shared 1 John 4:10 which says, "This is love. Not that we loved God but that He loved us and gave His son as a sacrifice for our sins." Dylan shared Jesus' love with such gentleness and confidence. It was absolutely precious! I could not have been more proud of my little guy!

This morning, Hayden went to Sunday school and church with us. I think he had a pretty good time. Dylan was able to sit with him in "big" church. They really enjoyed sitting together. It was so amazing to look beside me and see an answered prayer. My mom and our 11 year old nephew were sitting right there and my sweet little boy was sitting right beside them. He was filled with joy because of their presence.

Today I am thankful that my nephew and my mom were able to attend church with us. Spending time in the House of the Lord is so important to me and my family. I want everyone to enjoy how amazing the experience of worshiping God can be! I am also grateful that my 4 year old son is not ashamed of Jesus! His ability and willingness to share his beliefs is inspiring. His unwavering faith that God hears and answers his prayers is amazing. He is an example of how we should all be!

If a four year old can pray for others, share the gospel, invite someone to church and never lose faith in our God...we can do it to! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes