New Year's Eve Celebration!

Tonight we celebrated the end of 2019 and the end of a decade. So much has changed for our family in the past ten years. It's really amazing to look back and consider all that God has done in mine and Bryan's marriage, our family, and our individual lives. There really is so much to celebrate!

We started off the night with a countdown chain full of fun activities. Each kiddo got to tear two links off of the chain. 


Our first activity was to make New Year's Eve Joke Tellers. I remember making these little folded contraptions when I was little but we called them fortune tellers, or something. These had cute jokes inside and the kids thought it was great!



Next, we prayed together as a family over 2020. I always love hearing my family pray! Hearing them pray over the year to come was very special. 
At the perfect moment the door bell rang and the pizza had arrived!
 The next chain link told us it was time to make New Year's Party Hats.



Our next activity was called the "This Year" game. The brown paper bag had lots of little papers inside with topics for discussion. For example, "My favorite movie of 2019 was _____," or " My the most memorable conversation I had in 2019 was ____." This was by far my favorite activity. It was absolutely wonderful to sit around the kitchen table with my favorite people, listening to them tell their favorite memories and best moments. We laughed and laughed. It was really a sweet time.


For our next activity, we played a game of pool on our new pool table. This was a Christmas gift for the whole family and we've really been enjoying it!


Next, we enjoyed sweet treats! Cupcakes and cookies for all.


The next activity was discussing and writing goals for 2020. We pulled out the goals we wrote for 2019 and discussed whether or not we reached those goals. It was nice to have these conversations. The kids did a good job looking back over the past year and looking ahead, at the year to come.


Our last activity, was a "Cheers and Toast!"  Using our fancy glasses, we had sparkling apple juice and gave toasts. The kids love clinking the glasses and saying, "Cheers!"


Our countdown chain was sort of a last minute idea but it ended up being so much fun! I loved watching the kids participate in each activity and then get so excited to pull off the next link to see what was next. It was family time at its finest!


Today I am grateful for these precious people God has given me to ring in the new year with. There is truly no one else I would want to celebrate with!  2019 has been an incredible year! One I will never forget! Tonight I celebrate all that God has done and cheer will excitement and expectation as 2020 begins! 

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes