Marking my Gratitude...



Today was my 35th birthday! WHHHAAATTT???? 35!?! 

Over the past few weeks, as this birthday approached, I've been thinking a lot about where I am in my life and how thankful I am for all that God has done for me. Just a decade ago, when I turned 25, I had zero children, had been married for a few years, was teaching in a pubic school, and had so many dreams about having a family. I found out a couple weeks later that I was pregnant with Dylan. In just 10 years, my family went from a dream to 100% complete. And I'm so incredibly grateful!

 I wanted to do something on this 35th birthday to celebrate all that God has done in the past decade. So, I had a sweet friend of mine design a gorgeous infinity symbol with all of my greatest blessings. My boys and I tell each other every night, "I love you to infinity" while doing the sign language for "love" and then our own made-up sign for infinity....its just our thing...just what we do. 
So I decided to have this very special, meaningful design tattooed on my back. This was definitely out of the norm for me but after having it done today, I absolutely love it! 

I was hoping to show the boys doing the sign language for "I love you to infinity"
but this is the best picture I could get! LOL
Signing the waiver.....

The stencil is on.....

Brent did a great job! It didn't hurt TOOOO bad!
Finished product!

My BFF Valerie was able to go with me!!!
We had a lot of fun and laughed a whole lot!

Today I am grateful for another birthday. Yes, I'm getting older but I'm also ALIVE, which is a huge blessing all by itself! I am also thankful for all that God has blessed me with over the past 10 years. It really blows my mind when I think back to that 25 year old girl....God has done so, so much! He is so good to me. This tattoo is just my way of marking my gratitude for these gifts. At 35 years old, I have everything I've ever wanted and so much more...that I didn't even know I wanted. There are rough days and hard times but at 35 years old I am so blessed, with an infinite love and firm foundation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes