Little Voices....

I've recently started choreographing the dances for HopeCity Kid's Worship on Sunday mornings. This is something I never imagined doing but I'm really enjoying it. I've been leading the kids in worship with these dance moves for the past couple of weeks. I'll be honest, its a little out of my comfort zone. I'm not the world's best dancer or even in good shape, for that matter. I'm a little self conscious getting up in front of everyone, even though they are kids. 

Today we were singing and dancing to "Ever Be" by Bethel Kids. Its such a beautiful song anyway but today, I heard it in a whole new way.  As I was doing the motions to the song, I could hear multiple little voices belting out the lyrics. They sang, "Your praise will ever be on my lips, ever be on my lips, ever be on my lips." Tears were welling up in my eyes as I heard them. To be proclaiming that over there lives at such a young age is remarkable!

Oh my sweet ones, that is my prayer for you! 
May HIS praise ever be on your lips!

The kids were also dancing with me and I could tell they were enjoying the freedom to move and worship through dance and song. Suddenly choreographing these dances became so much more for me!  I realized that these are the little voices of little people that will one day be big people.... leading families and churches and communities. It is imperative for them to realize their freedom in Christ now, at this young age. If they learn to worship openly now, they'll always enjoy that freedom. 

Today I am grateful for the opportunity I have been given, to help the children of HopeCity learn to worship openly and freely. I don't think it comes naturally for most people. I think we almost automatically feel awkward or shameful about dancing and singing to our God. I'm not sure why that is but honestly, it might just be because we were never taught that is ok (or even beautiful) for us to worship unashamedly! I am thankful to seen these little people so boldly worshiping and singing this morning. Regardless of how self-conscious I may be leading the group, I am incredibly grateful for the chance to be apart of God's movement among these young people!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes