To the Ones that Call Me Mommy

Today was a super special day for me. My sweet boys made feel so loved. They bought me a new purse, flowers, made me handmade cards, took me out to lunch, and then took to me to two of my favorite places this afternoon, the Bicentennial Gardens and the Arboretum. There is something about these beautiful places. I just love visiting them with my boys! This evening I got  a pedicure and then my boys made me an ice cream sundae!

As I spent the day with my boys, my heart kept bubbling up with gratitude. I just really can't wrap my mind around the fact that God chose me, out of all the women of the world, to be the mother of these precious boys. I mean, He could have picked anyone, during any time period, but He chose me.

 Life with 3 little boys isn't always easy (or calm) but remembering that I am the one that God ordained to play this vital role in my son's lives, is powerful. Even when I feel inadequate and wonder if someone else could do this better, I'm still the one most qualified for this job because God has equipped me and will help every step of the way. Still, I am humbled by the blessing (and maybe a little intimidated by the future), but so incredibly honored to have these three little ones that call me Mommy.







To the Ones that Call Me Mommy,

With all my heart I pray that the three of you know how much I love you. I pray that you understand how grateful I am that God chose me to be your mother. I'll never truly grasp why our God blessed me in this way but I will be forever grateful that He allowed me to give birth to three such amazing fellas. I want you to know that I pray daily that God will enable me to the Mommy you need. That He will fill me with patience and peace. That He will let His love seep out of me so that you can see Him through me. I pray that He will help me to be a kind, generous, fun, compassionate, exciting mom that you will be proud to be with. That I will be a wonderful example of a godly wife and help the three of you learn to love and respect women. I pray that when you look at your mother, you will see a hard worker who loves Jesus and would do anything for her family. I pray that you will feel confident in my love for you and feel the freedom to be honest and real with me. I pray that when I mess up, and I promise I will, that you will see that God's grace and forgiveness is plentiful. When life is hard, I pray that you will watch your mother run to Jesus and trust in His plan for family. I pray for each of you, everyday, that you will know the One that put us in a family together and that you will always be grateful for the life He has given us. I pray that your childhood will be a blessing to each of you, pressing you toward a life of purity and love instead of confusing or harming you and causing you to run in any other direction. I pray, unceasingly, for you, my little loves. 

 I will make your breakfast, lunch and dinner. I will homeschool you and teach you to make your beds and empty the dishwasher. I will wash your clothes and clean your chocolate covered faces. I will watch you accomplish many things and be your biggest cheer leader. I will take care of you when your sick and play with you when you're well.  I will go to karate tournaments and basketball games. I will hold when you are sad and tuck you in each night. I will go fishing with you and even remove the fish myself (aren't you proud?)  I will do whatever it takes to help your dreams come true and I will always be proud to be your mother. 

Being a mother to you, my three sons, is the best gift I've ever been given. I praise God for each of you, every day. I want you to know that no matter what, you are loved by me. No matter what, you are special to me. And no matter what, you will always be my babies. God gave the three of you to me, and I will never take that lightly. You are my greatest blessings and I will be forever grateful that you call me Mommy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes