As We Eternally Are

"God sees each and every one of us as we eternally are."

One of our Pastors said that on Sunday and I've been thinking about it ever since. Could that be true? Does God really see me as though I've already finished the race? Does He look at me and see purity? Does He only have love for me when He watches me walk through this life?

Yes.

Because of Jesus' sacrifice, it is finished. The old me is gone. Yes, I still mess up. Yes, I still sin. Yes, I still need His grace daily. But I am walking in freedom as a child of the One True King! He looks on me with joy and love. He is happy with what He sees. He is proud to be with me. He sees me as I eternally am. He sees me as though I am already walking the streets of gold with Him.

Wow. That is so freeing. I don't have to try so hard. I can rest. He loves me. He sees me. He knows me. He cares for me. And even though I make a million mistakes each day, He chooses to look upon me and see Jesus. He is happy with what He sees. That doesn't mean I can sin flippantly and think it doesn't matter but it does mean that His grace and mercy are sufficient for those times when I mess up and I don't have to spend my life striving to be good enough.

Today I am grateful for that truth. I need to hear that, almost every day probably. Even though I am not perfect, my God sees me as perfect. Amazing. I don't have to measure up. I don't have work harder. I don't have gain anyone's approval. He is happy with me. Thank you Jesus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes