Fun on the "Good Days"

At the beginning of June, I made this long list of fun activities to do with the boys this summer. We've done lots of them already and they have really enjoyed it. Since starting the chemo treatment for AS, I'm not sure how I'll feel from day to day. Thursdays and Fridays are especially difficult and our weekends are usually pretty busy so, that only leaves a couple of days each week to get our #campmommy activities done! So, I decided to pack a few into one day! 

We started with marshmallow shooters! It was so simple but they loved it! We just used balloons, empty toilet paper rolls, and marshmallows. They had so much fun seeing who could shoot their marshmallows the farthest!





Next, we made sidewalk paint. The older boys thought they were too big for this activity until they saw how much fun Tyson was having! All we needed was cornstarch, water, and food coloring. It makes for a fun pastime! 





For our last activity of the day, we made a marble race track. We used pool noodles, toothpicks, marbles, paper, and a box. The kids had a lot of fun racing their marbles! They even asked if we could save it so they could show their neighborhood friends!





To end the day we decided on ice cream for dinner! There is a cute little place in town that makes rolled ice cream. It's yummy and a lot of fun to watch them roll it! This was the first time the kids have had this treat and they loved it!









Today I am grateful for a fun day with my family. I'm not able to do all of the fun things I want to do with the kids every day, but I'm thankful to be up to it some of the time. Earlier today Dylan said to me, "Mom, you're the best mom ever. Thank you for doing all these fun things with us especially when you're not feeling well!" That made my heart so happy. More than anything I want my kid's lives to be as unaffected as possible. I want them to feel loved and enjoy our days together. Making the most of my "good days" is one way I will
 TAKE THIS TERRITORY! 
 (if that makes no sense, read my previous post 😂😂)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes