Little Green Thumbs


Look at that sweet boy! He is so proud of those tomatoes! He has helped his daddy plant the seeds, water, and now he enjoys gathering the harvest!  Tonight, when he brought all those tomatoes inside he said, "Mooooom, look at what I have for you!" He knows that I'm the only one that will eat them so he considers them a special gift for me!

The sweetest thing is, I remember Dylan and Evan doing the exact same thing when they were about this age. With Dylan, we only had one tomato plant in a little pot but now we have 3 big garden boxes! Bryan's thumb has gotten greener over the years! Each boy has had their turn being daddy's helper and bringing mommy gifts. So now all three have little green thumbs, too!

Today I am grateful for that precious smile and that little voice that sounded so happy to deliver my tomatoes. It brings so much joy to my heart to watch my little guys grow and find things they are interested in. I am also thankful for the abundance of tomatoes!! I know it probably sounds silly but I am genuinely amazed that fruit and vegetables just grow out of the ground! How does God do that? I think its totally something we take for granted! Haha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes