When you get stuck in your Halloween Costume....

Ok, I have to start by saying...don't judge me! Hahaha! 
Also, the only reason I'm sharing this embarrassing story is because its too hysterical not too. 
Plus, we all take ourselves too seriously anyway. 

The plan for Halloween this year is for our family to dress as the characters from the Wizard of Oz. I was going to be the Good Witch. We ordered the costume a while back but I hadn't tried it on yet. For some reason this morning I decided I should try it on. I'm so glad I did. Even though we ordered the one that is supposed to fit according to my usual dress size, this dress DID NOT FIT. I'm really not sure how I got it on but somehow I did. Then, I couldn't get it off. I know you probably think I'm exaggerating but seriously, it was stuck to my skin. I tried and tried to get it off. It wasn't budging. 


So what do you do when you can get out of your "Glinda the Good Witch" dress? You go to your best friend's house! There are few people I would let see me in such a ridiculous state...Valerie is one of them! Of course, I had to bring all the youngins with me! They thought it was hilarious! The whole drive there I got the strangest looks, I wonder why!?


As soon as I arrived, the laughing started. I haven't laughed so much in years, maybe a decade. Valerie helped me tug and pull and peel the dress. The mesh was so cheap that is just started breaking apart. There was glitter EVERYWHERE. I'm serious, 12 hours later and I'm still covered in glitter!



What had to approach this operation very carefully. Pulling one arm out, after cutting the unusually indestructible elastic.  Then the other arm, ripping the mesh under my entire arm. And finally pulling the dress over my head like I was 2 years old....but that didn't happen quickly....it was a slow painful process!


Believe it or not, it finally came off!! And FYI, I'm getting a refund on this dress, if you can call it that. It's definitely the most expensive piece of junk I've ever bought! The fabric was literally breaking as I tried to get it off and the sizing is waaayyyy off! 


Today I am incredibly grateful for a friend that will peel a princess gown off of me! It was seriously the most fun I've had in a long time. It might be worth every penny I paid for that costume! I am also thankful for laughter. It truly is the best medicine. Valerie and I both have 4 month old baby girls and 3 boys. We also both homeschool. We're exhausted. God knew we needed a break. He knew we needed to laugh! And boy, did we laugh!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes