The Mountains Surround...

Today was all about enjoying God's creation. We spent the morning driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway checking out all the fall colors.  There is just something about the mountains....they speak of God's awesomeness! It's impossible for me to look at the mountains and not be in awe of our amazing God! This afternoon we went to Max Patch. Its sort of in the middle of nowhere, 7 miles up a mountain on a gravel road, then a hike up a very steep path. Once you reach the top, you have a 360 degree view of pure beauty. I've heard that it's amazing up there but its something you really need to see for yourself....no picture does it justice!

This picture was taken at the highest peak of the Blue Ridge Parkway

Steep climb....
this picture makes it look way easier than it was

My sweeties sitting on Max Patch=)

Do I really have 4 children? WOW! 

You can see mountains for miles.

So pretty. 

My love and me


It was a really long walk for this little guy


As I took in the beauty that surrounded me on Max Patch today, Psalm 125:2 kept coming to mind. It says, "As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore." As you stand on the top of that mountain, you are completely surrounded by mountains. It is truly an amazing sight. Knowing that God surrounds His people in that same way, is incredible. Those mountains never move, no matter what happens the mountains will remain. They are strong. They never waver. They provide refuge and protection. They are awe-inspiring. Our God is all of those things too. Today I am grateful that God surrounds me the way the mountains surround Max Patch. I'm thankful for the beauty and the reminders that I encountered today. Its impossible not to see His creativity and power when you spend a day in nature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes