So long Max....


Today was a hard day. We had to say goodbye to our dog, Max. I'm not sure why, but he bit our 3 year old son. It was terrible. Our sweet boy was bleeding so much. He has three gashes on his face, one on his eye lid.  Just a few centimeters higher and he would have gotten Tyson's eye. It could have been so much worse.  Tyson was terrified and the rest of us were shocked. I'm not even sure what happened. It just all occurred so fast. 

Even though it was such a hard choice, we had to take Max to the pound. We all miss him so much already. The boys have loved Max and Max has loved them. He followed me around everywhere I went. He has been a part of our family for 3 years but we just can't let him hurt our babies. Please pray for us as we adjust to a life without our buddy, Max. 

Today as I held Tyson down trying to get the bleeding to stop while he screamed and cried, all I could do was say, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus." As scary as the situation was, HIS presence filled the room. There was peace in the midst of chaos. Tyson calmed down and we were able to stop the bleeding. A little while later he was even playing with our puppy, Miles, so he isn't even afraid of dogs now. I'm so grateful for the Holy Spirit, for His presence in the middle of our crazy world. I'm grateful that the bite wasn't worse and that Tyson doesn't seem to be fearful now. My boy is so precious. It hurts my heart that Max did this to him. It's been such a hard decision but I know it was the right one. I'm so thankful that I can count on THE Comforter to help my fellas as they say goodbye to Max. We're really going to miss him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes