Oh Vegas. I Can't Even Imagine.

Bryan and I were just in Las Vegas in July. Just three months ago. It feels like yesterday. We were there for a KEEP Collective conference. We took our 6 week old baby with us. We left our three little boys at home with the grandparents. We had so much fun. We walked around the city in complete freedom. We were never scared, not for a moment. The place was filled with sight-seers and tourists. The loud buzz of happy people was constant. Excitement and joy filled the air. The energy was electric.

I wonder what the atmosphere is like there today?







I can't even imagine. 
59 people killed. Over 500 people injured.
People just like Bryan and me.
Folks there for a conference or a vacation.
Mothers and Fathers who left their children with Grandma 
so they could have a week away.
Love birds that just got married by Elvis in a little chapel.
Gamblers and Bachelorette partiers.
People of all ages just enjoying a concert on a Sunday evening.
Even those who weren't at the concert will forever 
be changed because of what happened.
I can't even imagine.

Today I am thankful for the memories I have in Las Vegas....memories of Vegas before the largest mass shooting in US history occurred there. Vegas will never be the same now.  I am grateful for the safety that Bryan and I enjoyed while we vacationed there. I'm grateful that we made it back home to our babies. My heart breaks for those families who have lost those they love so much. 

More than anything, I am thankful for the hope we have in Jesus. John 16:33 says, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Whether it looks like it right now or not, 

Jesus wins. Evil loses. 

The victory is won. Jesus has overcome the world. 
As we talked and prayed about the tragedy today, my 6 year old said, "I'm ready for the evil to be gone. I'm ready for Satan to be killed!" 

Oh honey, you aren't the only one! We're all ready for the sadness to end and the hatred to be no more. Thankfully, we have hope that one day, there will be no more pain or evil or fear or anger. One day, Jesus will rescue us from all that plagues us and evil will be no more. Until then, I pray these horrible tragedies our world has been enduring will help people to see their desperate need for Jesus. I pray these horrible situations will cause humankind to show love to one another and serve those around us. I pray that while we wait on Jesus to come back, we will make the most of our time here. We were chosen to be here, at this time, enduring these conditions. I pray that we will allow God to use us to point others to Him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes