Operation Christmas Child!

I got to spend most of the day today with my two littlest fellas while Daddy and Dylan were at a Cub Scout activity. We spent most of the morning shopping for last minute items to put in our Operation Christmas Child boxes. Evan really enjoyed picking things out! While Tyson took his nap, Evan and I packed all the boxes and then prayed for the children that will recieve them. I really enjoyed watching Evan pick and choose what should go in each box. He was very careful to make sure each box had the things the little boy or girl would need/want in it. He also enjoyed cutting out the little tags and marking the age on it. He took this very seriously!

Look at all these goodies for our friends across the globe!
Carefully packing the boxes....
Cutting out the tags
Getting ready to tape the tags.
Marking the ages on each box. 
Today I am grateful for such a practical way to get children involved in spreading the love of Jesus to children all around the world. Samaritan's  Purse has a wonderful ministry here! Since 1993 Operation Christmas Child has gifted these donated boxes to over 124 million children around the world! WOWOWOW! Dylan has enjoyed helping me prepare the boxes for years now but this is the first year that Evan has really participated. It was a great opportunity for him! I loved watching him pick out toys for other children. I also loved praying with him for these children. There is nothing sweeter than teaching our children to pray for others! I absolutely love Operation Christmas Child! It is such a blessing to other children, as well as our own!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes