Running In Circles

I heard a song yesterday that I haven't heard in a couple of years. As soon as I heard the first line I remembered how much I love it because I think I could of written it! HA! 

I often stop at the end of the day and look back and wonder, "Where did the day go? What did we even do today?" I know I'm not the only one, right? Oh please say you've been there! I guess it could be life as a momma with three little boys but I honestly think I was the same way before I had kids! I just feel like I'm running in circles. I have the best of intentions and then somehow I don't get anything done. I am so forgetful. I find myself exactly where I was, instead of where I wanted to be; focused on the things I don't want to be focused on. 

I think that's why I love this song so much. It reminds me that even though I am forgetful and  I am running in circles, my God still loves me. He is the only One that can bring me peace and He does just that....over and over again. 

Please take a minute to listen. I just love this song!!




Today I am thankful that even though I forget, my God reminds me. Even though I get focused on the waves instead of His face, He calms my storm. Even though I run in circles, He continuously offers me peace; a peace that only He can give. I am grateful that His arms are open to me and there is no better place for me. In and out of every busy day, when I'm forgetting and running and focusing on the wrong things, His arms are open and His peace is overflowing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes