A day in the Mountains

We had a terrific time in Boone today. The real purpose for the trip was to be a part of the 30th Annual Homer Shaw Golf Tournament. Homer was Bryan's grandfather who loved golfing in Boone. Bryan's dad has organized this tournament in honor of Homer for 30 years now and all the money collected is donated to Hospice of Davidson County. Bryan has played in the tournament many times but this was the first year I have been and I really enjoyed it! It was so neat to have Homer's great grandsons there too!

My family at the Boone Golf Club
Evan apparently didn't want to show his face in
this photo!
Who knew there would be a balloon fight at the golf tournament?
The littlest Shaw was tuckered out!
3 generations of Shaws!

Since we drove two hours for the tournament, we decided to make a day of it! We went gem mining and found lots of lovely gems to put in Evan's "rock complexion" (yes, that's what he calls it!) Dylan hopes to get a tumbler so they can polish their own stones and organize their collections! We also went to the Mast General Store and bought way too much candy. Walked around the Cone Family Home and took in the beautiful view from their enormous porch. Oh and of course, we had to play putt putt before we went home since the boys didn't get to play in the golf tournament. It was a beautiful day in Boone and we really enjoyed our time together.

Dylan found a lot of gems!
Evan loves rocks so this was the
high light of the day for him!
My boys at the Cone Family Home. Isn't that view gorgeous?
This is how real men play golf!
Evan really want to play in the golf tournament so he was
super excited to play putt putt!
One of my favorite moments of the day happened while we waited on all the golfers to return from playing golf. I was rocking my Tyson in a rocking chair on a shaded porch that overlooked the 18th hole. This course is on the side of a mountain and absolutely beautiful! I loved spending those moments just quietly letting the wind blow through my hair and rocking my baby while enjoying God's creation. Life as a Mommy of 3 boys can be very busy and somewhat hectic. Now and then though, God blesses me with these sweet, quiet, still moments and they are precious to me.

My and my Tysie, rocking in the mountain breeze
Today I am thankful for a gorgeous day in the mountains with my family. I love spending time together especially when we get to go special places! I am also grateful for the sweet quiet moments that God has been blessing with me lately. I need those moments so desperately and He always provides exactly what I need. Today's time spent rocking my baby in the mountain breeze was perfect! I just can't get enough of those beautiful skylines created by my Heavenly Father! Its a sight that takes my breath away! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes