Let's Throw Rocks!!

Our kiddos earn points through out the week for extra good behavior. Once they get a certain number of points, they get to pick a privilege. Today, Evan got to pick! He pulled "go to the park" out of the Privilege Jar. He was sooooooo excited! He couldn't wait to go his favorite park. He always enjoys going to Oak Hollow Lake park because he can throw rocks in the lake. That is his favorite thing to do! So, this afternoon when Bryan got home from work, we headed to the park to throw rocks. I thought it was going to be super hot but the breeze was so nice by the water. We stayed at the edge of the lake for a long time. It was so peaceful and lovely. The boys had so much fun throwing rocks, playing with sticks, finding shells, and walking around in the water. They got soaking wet but didn't mind one bit! As a mother of 3 boys, I am slowly learning to embrace dirty, wet, and muddy even though it is opposite of my "norm!"

"I'm finding a big rock for you, Evan!"
"The biggest rock in the world!!!!!!!!"
What a lovely afternoon!
My hubby made this for me!  He knows how to make me smile!
Tyson put his feet in the lake for the first time! He liked it!

Me and my littlest fella

Bryan and Tyson. He loved being in the swing
for the first time!
While Evan was searching for rocks and shells, I couldn't help but chuckle. As he picked up each one he'd yell, "Oh, this is a special one!" They all looked exactly the same to me but in his little eyes, they were special! He values those little rocks and shells. It reminded me of how our Heavenly Father feels about us! He looks at each one of us and thinks, "She's a special one!" We don't see the true value in one another but God sure does! 

Today I am thankful for a fun, simple, free afternoon at the park. It goes to show that little boys don't really need all the video games, electronics, expensive toys,etc. Dylan and Evan had an absolute blast with rocks and sticks! I am grateful that they are able to enjoy God's world and appreciate all that He has given us! I am also thankful for the sweet little reminder from my Evan today. We are all "special ones," loved and adored by our Heavenly Father! Evan carried around those shells and rocks in a jar for the rest of the day. (He may even be sleeping with them!). I just love watching him enjoy something most of see as so purposeless and unimportant. Just when I need the reminder that God cherishes his children, He uses Evan to remind me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes