We're Pharologists!

Have you ever heard of a Pharologist? I hadn't until this week. I'm telling you, I'm learning as much as Dylan is during our home school lessons these days!  A Pharologist is someone who studies or is interested in light houses. This week, Dylan and are Pharologists! 

Last week Dylan asked if we could study light houses during our school time. I'm not ever going to turn down the opportunity to encourage his desire to learn so I found a detailed homeschool unit about light houses to add to our lessons for the week.  We've been learning so much about the first lighthouse, why lighthouses are used, and how various lighthouses look. We've also been discussing how we are similar lighthouses. Just as lighthouses point to certain places or things, our lives should point to Jesus. Just as a lighthouse shines brightly, our lives should shine brightly for Jesus. Just as lighthouses cannot easily be hidden, our love for Jesus shouldn't be hidden. He has saved us and we need to unashamedly shine for Him!





Today I am thankful for the ability to be a Pharologist or an engineer or a scientist or a chef whenever we want to! That is another beautiful thing about homeschool! Anytime my kids have an interest we can explore those interests thoroughly and learn so much together. I am also grateful for the symbolism of the lighthouse. I love opportunities to share with Dylan the importance of shining brightly for Jesus!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a good excuse to head to the coast for a field trip! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes