A Camel Named Sin

Sometimes I know exactly what I'll write about before I barely step foot out of bed in the morning. Other days, even though I have a hundred things to be thankful for, I have no clue what to write about. And sometimes, I change my mind 20 times before sitting down to type this blog. Today was one of those days. I have decided what to write about numerous times today but I changed my mind one final time tonight about 8:30pm. 

Our church is participating in Life Action's Thirst Conference this week. The Life Action team is leading our church in a time of seeking revival as individuals, as married couples, as families, and as a church family. The children are also involved in a wonderful time of worshiping and learning. Tonight, on the way home from church, Dylan told us an awesome story. As soon as I heard it, I knew I had to write about it tonight!

I'm not sure where the story takes place or who the story is about but Dylan shared with us that one of the leaders told about a boy who needed to purchase a camel. He went to the camel store and found a camel named Sin. He took the camel home with him even though his father recommended that he keep looking for another camel. That night the boy was trying to sleep when the camel woke him up (apparently this camel could talk) and said, "my nose is cold." The boy allowed him to put his nose under the covers but told him not to wake him up again. A few minutes later the camel woke him and said, "my head is cold." The boy let him put his head under the covers but told him not to wake him up again. Again, several minutes later the camel woke the boy up and said "my front legs are cold." The boy reluctantly allowed the camel to put his front legs in the bed but said, "I'm not telling you again not to wake me up!"  So, a little bit later, instead of waking the boy up, the camel kicked the boy out of bed and got completely under the covers. The next day the boy woke up lying beside the bed. He was furious and decided to take the camel back to the camel store and exchange him. This time, he bought the camel named Obey. He took Obey home and he never once complained about being cold. The boy slept peacefully in his bed, alone, each night.

The group leaders were trying to teach the children that when we have a choice, we need to always choose to obey. If we choose sin, it will creep in a little at a time until it finally takes over completely. How true is that? 

Today I am thankful for the Life Action Children's Ministry. Bryan and I are really enjoying the conference but knowing that our children are taken care of learning so much makes it even better. I was so excited to hear Dylan telling this story tonight. He had so much enthusiasm and remembered every detail so I know the Life Action leaders are doing a terrific job. I am also thankful for this story. It is such a good reminder that sin is so sneaky. It intrudes and takes over, just like the camel named Sin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes