It is well....

Many of you may know that I have an Etsy store. I sell custom and handmade items and truly enjoy it. Several days ago I received the strangest message in my Etsy account. Someone was telling me how much they liked one of my items and sharing that they had a friend that had seen the item and really wanted something similar. She said they were located in High Point, NC. I was amazed as I read the message because I live in High Point too. Etsy is a world wide online marketplace so, it is pretty remarkable that we live in the same town!

I sent the inquirer my phone number and the next day, I received a phone call from Millie, who was very interested in the "It Is Well" handmade canvas. Millie shared that she recently said goodbye to her husband of over 40 years. She told me that he passed away tragically in a car accident. It was such a difficult experience for Millie to endure but she said, "after a couple of days of crying, I realized it IS well with my soul." She said that the hymn,  "It Is Well" was sang at her husband's celebration of life service also. So, the artwork that she just happened upon, really spoke to her. 




I've been working on this special canvas for Millie all week and today I was able to deliver it to her. It was such a blessing to see how much this piece of art means to her. She shared that she will be placing this piece above her husband's ashes. What a priviledge it is to be the one who created such a meaningful piece of art. 

Today I am thankful that I was given the honor of painting this piece for Millie. I am also grateful that I serve a God who is incredibly interested in the details of our lives. It amazes me that Millie came across this piece of art on facebook, the person who shared the picture found me on Etsy and contacted me, we all live in the same town, and I was able to create the exact piece that means so much to her. Only God could work out those details with such ease. God cares so much about each of His children. He is willing to work things out for us, just to comfort us and show us His unfailing love. I love being involved in His plans and seeing Him at work! Oh, what a mighty God we serve!

Comments

  1. Our God knows exactly what He is doing. Thank you again Tori for sharing your gift with me. I will cherish it always.
    Blessings,
    Millie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes