100 loves!

We begin every homeschool day with Bible time.  For the past week or so we've been learning that just like the zebra cannot hide his stripes, we cannot hide from God. Today we read verses from Psalm 139 that says, "You have searched me, Lordand you know me.You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain." After reading the verses, I talked with Dylan about how amazing it is that God knows everything about us and still loves us! We don't have to hide anything about our lives. We are completely free to be ourselves and still be confident that God will love us and never forsake us.

I could tell Dylan was taking it all in and really trying to grasp the thought of God loving us that much. He said, "Mommy, I love, love, love, love, love, love, love God!" With my heart melting, I said, "Oh honey, God love, love, love, loves you too!" 

Just as we end each Bible lesson, Dylan said a prayer. Today he prayed, "Dear God, thank you for loving me. I love you 100 loves! Amen"

I have to say, it makes this Mommy so happy to hear that Dylan loves God 100 loves! Its just his way of expresses is enormous love for our Heavenly Father! Today I am grateful that, even at the young age of 4, Dylan truly loves God and is beginning to understand how much God loves him! I am also thankful for the reminder that God loves us with an indescribable love even though He knows every detail of our lives. I just can't wrap my mind around it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes