God "Gets It"

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. He will never let the righteous be shaken." Psalm 55:22

Today, during the video part of the Beth Moore's Bible Study, she shared something that was incredibly meaningful to me. She said that when others have hurt us or situations have upset us, people may not always understand us. Sometimes other folks just don't "get it" but don't worry...God "gets it!"

Most women can probably relate to that; I know I can. There are many times in my life when no one seems to truly understand how they have hurt me or why I'm upset. Sometimes I don't even "get it." It is such a comfort to me that God always understands me. When my husband or my friends or my family don't understand, God does. When I don't understand, God does. I can cast my cares upon Him believing that He will sustain me. No matter what is going on in my life, He is near and He cares. 

Today I am thankful that God "gets it." I really needed to hear that today. I often have difficulty expressing how I feel but with God, I don't have to find the right words. He just knows. He just loves. Humans mess up, they hurt us, they don't know what they are doing and they don't understand. But, its ok because God "gets it" and I can cast my cares upon Him!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes