He STILL has the whole world in His hands

Living with chronic back pain is very difficult at times. I've learned to deal with it most of the time but I have days that are really rough. Its those days...the days when the pain is consuming, when new symptoms arise, when I can't take care of my family because I am in so much pain...its those days that get me down.  

Today was one of those days. In fact, the past two weeks have been full of those days. When these days and weeks come up, I have learned to call out to my Heavenly Father. He is the only one that can provide peace in my storm. Today while playing with my boys and listening to music, I heard a song that I haven't heard in a long time. As I listened, I was reminded that no matter what, God still holds the world in His hands and He STILL holds me in His hands. Today I am thankful that regardless of how bad the pain is and how far off treatment seems, God knows and He is STILL in control. 

 "Through many dangers, toils, and snares 
you have already come. 
His grace has brought you safe this far and 
His grace will lead you home. 
The arms that hold universe 
are holding you tonight,
 you can rest inside,
 its gonna be alright. 
And the voice that calmed the raging sea
 is calling you His child 
so be still and know He is in control, 
He will never let you go. 
You can hope, you can rise, you can stand. 
He's STILL got the whole world in His hands."


~Arms that hold the Universe
33 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes