Faith Like a Child

I heard the following story this morning in Bible Study...

A little girl about 6 or 7 years old asked Jesus into her heart. A few days later she asked her mother, "Mom, how tall is Jesus?" The mother wasn't sure how to respond but said "Well, Jewish men in those days probably weren't too tall so he was probably about 5 foot 7 inches." The little girl said, "Well, how tall am I?" So the mom replied, "You are 4 foot 3 inches." The little girl thought about this for a few minutes and then asked her mother, "Well, since I asked him into my heart and he is so much taller than me, shouldn't he be sticking out all over the place?"

Wow!! She's got it!! Jesus should be sticking out all over the place in each of our lives!
 Today I am thankful for the wisdom of children. Jesus said in Matthew 18:3 "Truly I say to you, unless You turn around and become as young children, you will by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens." This also reminds me of Dylan's simple comment about Jesus. He saw a picture of Jesus in his Bible the other day and said "That's MY Jesus!" I pray that we all claim Jesus to be OURS and allow him to "stick out all over the place!" May we all have faith like children!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes