Sharing My Lap and My Earbuds...


 Every morning, after coming downstairs, I sit in our sun room or out on our deck to to read the Bible, pray, and listen to worship songs. Allison has started coming downstairs and asking, "Mommy, are you talking to Jesus?" She knows the answer is, "yes," but when she hears my answer she considers it an invitation to climb on my lap. 
  
She always wants to listen to the worship songs with me so, we share my earbuds. I love watching her nod her head and sing along. She requests her favorite songs and talks to me about God. It is so incredibly sweet. 

This morning, as I watched her put that little earbud in her ear, my heart filled with joy. I believe this is what Mommy's are called to do. We should love the Lord our God will all our heart, with all our soul, and with all our strength. (Deuteronomy 6:5) Our children should be able to observe that kind of love when they are with us. They should see us spending time with the Lord and hopefully, they will want to join us. What we are hearing God speak to us, we should be sharing with our little ones. If we are excited and open about our relationship with God, it won't be as awkward for our kids to talk about, like it has been for so many of us. 

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to share my lap and my earbuds with my precious daughter. In doing so, I am really sharing so much more with her. I pray that these moments together will lead to a lifetime of "talking to Jesus." I hope she'll always desire to worship Him and spend time in His Word. 

Lord, help me to never stop sharing who You are and what You mean to me, with my children and everyone else I encounter I pray that others will see You through me. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share my "earbuds" with those around me. 
Amen

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes