The Happiest Mother's Day

I never imagined we would be celebrating Mother's Day in quarantine because of a world-wide pandemic but, 2020 has had all sorts of surprises, hasn't it?!

I awoke this morning to my four little sweeties bringing me breakfast in bed. They were so proud of themselves and I was too! 
Everyone did something especially for me. Dylan made cheese eggs, Tyson made a waffle, Evan made toast with jelly, Allison prepared the silverware, and Bryan made my coffee. 

Then they gave me the sweetest little gifts.

Homemade cards, coupons, a homemade sugar scrub, and the cutest questionnaires about me.  According to Evan I am super funny when I sneeze. Allison says she loves me because I spin around. Dylan says that I'm funniest when I try to imitate people. Tyson thinks my favorite food is whatever dad likes. They're so funny!
Next we went on a drive. I love seeing beautiful places in nature so we drove to Lewisville to see the Tunnel of Trees. It was a beautiful area!


On the way home we came up with a game. We each took turns picking a direction to turn and then we just saw where it took us. It was a lot of fun. I never imagined our family would be taking "Sunday Afternoon Drives" but, having no plans and nowhere to be made it very interesting! Once we began heading home, we decided to get milkshakes!


I got all four of my babies to take a photo with me. Bryan took about 100 pictures and I was able find one where everyone was looking and smiling!


We ordered take-out from Cracker Barrel for dinner and then the kids cleaned up! 

We ended the evening by laying on the couch and watching America's Funniest Home Videos.

Today I am so thankful for such a wonderful day with my family. Bryan said he was worried that I might not have an enjoyable day because of being in quarantine, but I seriously think this Mother's Day was one of my happiest! Just being together with no big plans and nothing to distract us was the perfect way to celebrate. I honestly cannot imagine a better version of today! I am grateful for the gift of motherhood and the life God has given me. I am truly blessed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes