Focused on the Beauty


I was driving down the road this afternoon and noticed how beautiful the fall leaves are right now. I always love this time of year. The colors are just incredible. As I was taking in all the beauty, it occurred to me that the only reason we experience this lovely time of year is because these leaves are dying. 

What if we focused on the death of the leaves instead of the beauty this time of year offers?

Thankfully, we mostly forget the truth behind these colors. We simply see the gorgeous shades of red, orange, and brown. Even though death is the cause, there is so much beauty.

As I was deep in thought, I felt God whisper to me, "This is the way I see my children."
There are so many things going on in our lives. We mess up all the time. We ruin things and hurt people. We experience pain and frustration. But God simply sees beauty. He looks at us, His creations, and sees something wonderful. He doesn't spend even one second worrying over the clutter and chaos we've caused. He never stops loving us or seeing the beauty in us.

Today I am grateful for God's way of looking at things. He is not oblivious to the messes we get ourselves in and He isn't unaware of the pain we endure. He chooses not to look at those things though. Instead, He sees His beloved children and all the potential we have. He sees the good He will make out of our messes. He sees beauty.

I am also thankful that He is teaching me to see the beauty as well.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes