Check It Off the Bucket List!

Yesterday Bryan and I did something I have been wanting to do for years!!! We visited the Grand Canyon! I am always awe-struck by God's creations but when its something like the Grand Canyon, I can barely contain my wonderment. Our God is so incredible! His creations never cease to amaze me!

Our day was so much fun! It was one of 2 days that we have to spend just the two of us, since this is a work trip for Bryan, technically. We woke up early and rented a car for the two hour drive to the West Rim of The Grand Canyon. This location is a part of the Hualapai Indian Reservation. It was an absolutely gorgeous drive to the reservation. Everywhere you look is brown but somehow, the plant-free mountains are stunning! We were amazed by all the Joshua trees, which are so unique and beautiful.  We even saw some pretty hysterical road signs, such as "Beware of Cattle" and "Buffalo Crossing." These were definitely new to us!

The two hour drive was peaceful. As we drove up on the Hulapai Reversvation, I was already in awe. I could only see it from a distance, but there it was! The West Rim of the Grand Canyon. 




We had already bought tickets to visit each portion of the tourist site. It wasn't busy at all, probably only 20 cars there when we arrived. We were able to walk right up the canyon and take in all it's glory. I was shocked by the lack of preventive measures taken by the reservation. The only thing keeping us from falling of the side of the canyon was a little white string, in a few places. There was also a very loud, hysterical guard reminding folks that they're lives would last longer if they stayed 10 feet back. He took his job very seriously but made us laugh and laugh! He told one man, "Sir, I've warned you to stand back. If you don't, I'm going to take your phone, delete your photos, put you on a security bus, and your visit will be OVER!" He sounded just like Samuel L. Jackson! Bryan and I laughed about that all day yesterday!

Next we visited my favorite part of the reservation. It's called the Sky Walk! I have no clue how in the world they made this thing but it is both scary and exciting all at the same time! You have to remember, the grand canyon is deeper than Mt Everest is tall!  We weren't allowed to take anything on the Sky Walk with us but a photographer made our photos and they turned out so good! 













The rest of the reservation had more beautiful views of the canyon, gift shops, places to eat, Native Halupai women selling hand-made crafts, helicopter rides, horseback riding, and many other fun things. Bryan's favorite was a magic show that was basically hidden. We wouldn't have gone in except another couple told us it was wonderful. So, we went in and had a one-on-one show by this amazing magician. He seriously could be on America's Got Talent and WIN! He was doing the tricks right in front of us and we both have no clue how he did that stuff. It was mind-blowing! He should have his own Las Vegas show! He said he'd been working at the Canyon for 13 years and loved it!

Today I am grateful for the moments we were able to spend admiring the West Rim of the Grand Canyon!  It was absolutely incredible! I couldn't keep my eyes from it! We had a wonderful day together and got to check something off of my bucket list! I want to see all the marvelous creations of our Heavenly Father! They remind me that if He can create that, He can handle each every one of my problems! I am also thankful for this "Mommy-Daddy Getaway!" Bryan will be working quite a bit while we're here but we are also getting to spend a lot of time together, enjoying each other's company and celebrating 15 years of marriage (our anniversary is less than one month away!) Plus, I'm getting to relax and go to the pool and read, and do whatever I want! It's a much needed break and I am so glad we get this opportunity! A big thank you to Grandma and Nana for taking such good care of our babies while we're gone too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes