My Heart is SO Full

Tonight, as I rocked Allison to sleep in her nursery, God brought some specific memories to my mind. I looked around the room and I was taken back to the days when I rocked Tyson in his nursery. It had once been painted lavender and contained all the same pink bedding and decor that Allison's room now has. When he was born we got the shocking surprise that he was a boy, instead of the girl we had been told we were having. So his room quickly went from lavender to blue. 

As I rocked Tyson in that little blue room, I remember God comforting my heart and telling me that one day, I would have a daughter. At the time I figured that I was just telling myself that and brushed it off. Tonight, God reminded me of His words to me. My heart filled with gratitude as I felt Allison's little hand brush against mine. My God knew that our family wasn't complete with just three 3 children...we needed all 4. He blessed us with 3 precious boys and then fulfilled his promise with a beautiful daughter. 

I stared at Allison's little face tonight, praising my Father for this special gift. She is perfect and I am grateful to have her in our family. My heart is so full. She is nearly 8 weeks old and already I cannot imagine our family without her in it. I also cannot imagine life without my sweet Tyson. God knew exactly what He was doing! 



Today I am thankful for these sweet little reminders God is so often giving me. He is always at work doing what is best for His children. He has so many wonderful things in store. I can trust Him and I can rest in His promises. I am also grateful for these precious little ones He has given me. I am honored to be their Mommy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes