Written Proof!

A couple of weeks ago we found out that our fourth bundle of joy will be a baby girl! If you know my story, you know that this news was exciting to hear but also VERY hard to believe! Our third child was supposedly a girl also but came out very much a BOY! So, even though I was thrilled to hear that a DNA test says that baby #4 is a girl, part of me wondered if the nurse I spoke with told me wrong or if maybe she read the wrong test to me, etc. My mind has gone crazy thinking of the things that might have happened because I've been really afraid to believe its a girl and get another big surprise when this baby is born!

Today at my OB appointment, I got to see the results of the DNA test with my very own eyes! Do you see the picture below? Do you see the word "FEMALE" in the top middle of that picture? I do!!! The baby's DNA reveals that she has two X chromosomes, meaning she really is a girl!!!!!! 




Today I am thankful for technology that can tell with *almost* 100% accuracy that this baby really is a girl! I would have been fine with a boy or a girl, really! I love my little boys!! I mostly just needed to know, for sure, what the baby is! Its really hard to plan and prepare for one gender and have the opposite. I'm also grateful for written (or typed) proof of the results! I gotta say, its been hard to embrace the idea of a little girl but now, I feel like I can actually believe it!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes