Not how I expected to end 2016....

The past few days have been a bit of a blur. I woke up Wednesday morning with the worst pain I've ever experienced. I honestly wasn't sure if I was going in to pre-term labor, had a kidney stone, or who knows what! As soon as I could I called my doctor and they wanted to see me right away. I thought I was going to drive myself but while I was trying to get dressed, I realized there was no way I could make it. So, Bryan and the boys drove me to the doctor's office. I'm honest when I say I'm not sure how I made it up to the second floor and into the office. As soon as the receptionist saw me she rushed me back to a room. I couldn't sit or stand or lay because the pain was so severe. I was throwing up in a trash can that I carried around the doctor's office. When the doctor came in, she took one look at me and said, "You're going to the hospital!" 

Bryan and the boys helped me walk into the hospital. The nurse took me straight to a room and within an hour I had some relief. I was able to finally sit still and relax. The doctor gave me all kinds of medication to help get rid of a severe kidney infection, which can be very dangerous, especially when pregnant. 

I would never ask to have a kidney infection but I will say, since I had to have one, I don't think it could of gone much smoother. God gave me such peace. I was never afraid or alone. Every detail seemed to be taken care of. Everyone in the hospital was so kind and helpful. So many friends immediately started praying and reaching out to me. Folks brought dinner for the boys. Bryan's mom came to babysit so Bryan could be with me at the hospital and I could rest without worrying about anything. Bryan and I actually got to sit and watch Netflix together! Haha. I was able to hear the baby's heart beat several times too!

"For the Lord is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does he withhold from those who walk is blameless."
Psalm 84:11

Its too bad it took a hospital visit for us to have some alone time! Haha

Today I am grateful that God had me right in the palm of His hand...even in the midst of a very difficult time! He bestowed favor on me and my family in so many ways! I am also grateful that we caught the infection early and I was able to get the needed medications right away! This could have been very bad if not treated quickly so even though I hate pain, I'm thankful the pain forced me to the doctor and the doctor rushed me to the hospital. 

Kidney pain is no joke! I never believed how bad it was! I am not grateful to have experienced this pain but I am incredibly thankful for all the ways I saw God at work in this situation!  I am also thankful for all my fellas who have taken such good care of me since I got home! This is not how I expected to end 2016 but, I still have so many things to be grateful for!


Comments

  1. Tori and Bryan, so glad you're home and more comfortable. God bless those little guys also taking care of you...
    I saw Bryan's request for prayers on Facebook. Heaven knows when we ask, we receive and I've seen some strong help come from our Facebook prayers...Love you two and that wonderful family you have. Vickie Harrison

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes