The Best Medicine


Thursdays and Fridays aren't my favorite. Don't get me wrong, it could be way worse, and for that I am grateful. But still, feeling like your body weighs 1,000 pounds, feeling nauseous, being constantly aware of every muscle aching, having absolutely no energy and being totally dependent on others isn't a whole lot of fun.

There is one thing I love about these "recovery days" though, and it's really the best medicine! My hubby and kids have been taking such good care of me. I don't move from that spot on the couch for two full days other than to go to bed and to the bathroom and when I get up to go to bed or the bathroom, one of my fellas helps me get up and walks with me so I don't fall. I am so weak and exhausted, especially on Thursdays, that I honestly couldn't do it without their help. The older boys also bring me anything I need and help take care of the younger kids. The little ones have been my snuggle buddies, which has been such a sweet blessing while I lay on the couch.

 



Today I am grateful for these precious ones that God has given me. They are making the not-so-great days so much better. I'm also thankful for this scenario we're currently living out. Now obviously this isn't what I wish every Thursday and Friday would look like for my family but I'm choosing to believe this is where God has us stationed currently, not where we're stuck. So I'm noticing countless things that He is up to! God is using this to teach my kids to have compassion, to serve others, to offer help instead of assuming it will be asked for, to understand that some diseases are invisible, and to pray continuously. Those are things that they won't learn truly learn without first-hand experience. God is using this for the good of those who love him! He's using it for the good of everyone in my family. Isn't it amazing how He does that?

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes