One Last Summer Project....

Yesterday the boys and I made these adorable scrapbook paper flowers. We always have a lot of fun making crafts together! We made each one especially for a resident at Brookdale Nursing Home. It's become our favorite senior living facility over the past few years. Some of these sweetest people live there! We enjoy making special gifts for them and visiting now and then.







This morning we delivered our handmade flowers to Brookdale with some of our friends. My boys had such a wonderful time. They were so excited to visit each room and give the flowers to the residents. My heart was so full as I watched each of my children bring joy to these precious people. Tyson probably had the best time of anyone! He ran from room to room, handing out flowers and saying, "This is for Jesus. I'm happy to see you!" It was so sweet! He wasn't the least bit shy! 







This group of kids lit up Brookedale this morning!
Today I am grateful for the fun time we had making flowers. The boys worked so diligently to create such special gifts.  I am also thankful to have spent our last day of summer break with the sweet residents at Brookedale. I can't even explain the delight that feels my soul while I watch my little ones smile at, talk to, and hug on the residents. I was always afraid of the elderly as a child but these kiddos know there is nothing to be afraid of! They enjoy our visits to the nursing home as much as the residents do!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes