Such a lovely evening....


My heart has been hurting this week, just dealing with some hard things right now. Evan knows no details as to why I've been upset but he is always so aware and so concerned for others. He has been very compassionate, taking care of me and making sure I feel loved. This evening he wanted to help me feel happy so he planned a "date night" for just the two of us. He did everything ALL by himself!

He made the coffee table into our dining table, covering it with a blanket from the closet. He pulled out assorted candies and cookies and made a centerpiece with them. He got down the "fancy glasses," as he calls them. He put out napkins and silverware to set the table and then he served me. 

We sat together, just the two of us, talking and laughing. He kept telling me the cutest stories and jokes.  He got me more pizza after I'd eaten my first piece and wouldn't let me lift a finger. He even wore a tie for the occasion. He worked so hard to make the evening special for me and he did such a good job of helping me feel happy!







Today I am grateful for my tenderhearted, sweet, generous, 6 year old. I can't even count how many times God has used this little boy to comfort me over the past 6 years. Even as a baby he would snuggle and love on me when I was sad. The past week has been hard but Evan hasn't left my side. He has been so concerned for me, praying for me, and doing all he can for me. He allows God to use him and as his Mommy, that makes my heart smile! He kept saying, "Isn't this such a lovely evening, Mommy?" It was, such a lovely evening, because of my little guy.

I am thankful today for the gift of children, they truly are a reward from above. All my adorable littles have been a blessing to me this week. I am so grateful to be their Mommy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes