Feeling Like Garbage

Does anyone else agree that sometimes this life is just plain hard? There are so many things in life that we will never completely understand. Things happen that can cause us to feel worthless, forgotten, and easily replaceable. I know that sounds dramatic, but its true. It's a lot like garbage really. Everything sitting in your trashcan right now is worthless, forgotten and/or easily replaceable. Situations, people, and circumstances can make us feel just like that now and then. 

I currently feel like garbage. I feel thrown away. 
Although this circumstance is something that I wish wasn't happening, God has shown me something incredible through it.

This evening my heart was hurting. I've been trying to hide this pain from my boys but I couldn't hide it any longer. As they saw the tears streaming down my face, they became the most supportive, loving, compassionate little guys I've ever met. Right there, in the middle of feeling like garbage, God used my 9, 6, and 3 year old to minister to me. 

I've kissed a lot of booboos and wiped a lot of tears over the years and tonight, my boys did that for me. Evan prayed for me and stayed right by my side all evening. Dylan hugged me and said many encouraging things to me. Tyson laid with me and loved on me and gave me his milk because he thought it would make me all better. In those moments, I got a glimpse of who God is molding my boys into and joy filled my heart.

Life can leave us feeling like garbage. We can feel forgotten and replaced. God has shown me tonight that He has not forgotten me. Even when others have "thrown me away," He has blessed me with little ones to remind me of my value and help me feel loved. He has also given me a husband that speaks truth over me, reminding that I am irreplaceable. And these precious people have reminded me that no matter what, God has not forgotten me, and He never will.  

"I’d never forget you—never.
Look, I’ve written your name on the backs of my hands."
Isaiah 49:15b-16 

Today I am grateful for the precious moments spent with my boys this evening. God used them to minister to my soul in such a special way. I am also thankful that even when life causes us feel tossed into the trash, God has not left us. He is holding us up, strengthening us, and helping us.

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10


Comments

  1. This is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes